Sunday, February 22, 2015

Busy mommy getting organized :)

So I am a pretty busy mommy of 5 beautiful babies, okay well if they saw me calling them all babies they may not agree lol. Anyway, the way I look at things is that 5 seems like a lot of kids to some, but on the other hand, 5 is really small compared to other families. I remember when I had my 1st baby and thinking my life has changed forever and I can't just pick up and go. #2 came along, my little one that keeps like always exciting and I saw that just 1 kid wasn't that hard. A few years later we were excited to find out #3 was joining our family. That was when things started getting interesting. Not only did I have more than the 2 normal sized family, but we had also entered the homeschooling sphere!!! Not only did I have to teach these little ones but I had to take care of the house and kids with a baby in tow :)


   As time passed we have added #4 and 5 to the mix and even though I always knew I needed to be more organized I know I can't successfully run my family without a plan in place. I don't have to be a drill sergeant and have every second scheduled for our lives, but I do need a plan. I mean, if you go to any successful business it didn't just happen and remain successful without some goal or organizational plan in place.

  So, as time progressed and kids amounted, I sought out some people and online helps to get me into a better place. I am totally not there yet, but here are 2 that have helped me along the way.  My first big help was a book my cousin introduced me to (She just recently had their 8th baby, so she should know best ). Anyway, the book is called Large Family Logistics, here is her blog also. This book is encouraging and also very practical in how to get things organized for a large family. The other great resource I have stumbled upon is another blogger who has 9 kids. The Shupe has had so many great how tos of how she manages her family. I don't do everything the same way they do, but she has shared her life and how to get organized in such a great format. So, now that my 3 year old and baby are calling hopefully I can share some of the wisdom that I have found the most helpful next time.
Blessings,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment