Saturday, February 28, 2015

Scheduling

So, I have a pretty lose family schedule. We get up and dressed, read our bibles eat breakfast and school starts at 10. I know, 10 AM!! Public school kids have been in school for a couple of hours, but yes my kids are getting some nice sleep and play time.
   The kids know when 10 comes it is time to start :) the oldest 2 head to the computers to start their math lessons. They are mostly independent now. My oldest does ask for help at times, but since my 3rd grader has her big brother next to her she usually doesn't bother getting up to ask me since he's right there :).
  So at that magical time while they are working independently I work with my soon to be kindergartener with math and reading. My 3 year old likes to hang out with us too some. We will then usually pick out a story to read and then they head off to play.
    Next, my third grader is ready to work with me and we cover all her LA work then she heads off to practice piano.  During the time I cover LA With her, Noah is reading and practicing piano. Then we hit his LA.
    Once they are done they have some free time and I work on lunch and feed my little man and sometimes I will eat as I make their stuff. That way I make sure they all eat well and gives me time to read from the bible to them or a story. This is also my favorite time of the day because dh comes home for lunch :)
    About 1-1:30 we start naps for the little ones and are usually done with school by 3-3:30. After this the kids get some video game time and I get my quiet time. 
At about 4 we do a clean sweep of the house so dh can have a nice clean home when he gets here. 6 is dinner and 8 we start getting ready for bed. Okay, so that is our regular routine, and a little more than I intended to share, but maybe my schedule can help someone out there!!
     One blog I follow has a great detailed  schedule from when they had just 2 kids to presently now that they have 9, so here's the schedule link if you want to be inspired.so if you're interested check it out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment