Now that the baby has turned a year and my weight still is on I need to get back on the wagon. I love eating healthy and there are so many awesome foods you can experiment with on THM plan. It's only been about a 1 1/2 weeks but I am down 3 pounds which is great because it seems like no matter how much I would work out I just couldn't budge. This was really encouraging to see the scale moving.
So now that things are going in the right direction I thought I would share a yummy meal. That being said, I am not a photographer and these are just done on my phone. I have 5 little kids so no fancy plates around here, they would be broken in a heart beat :) I try to stick to stuff that is simple, especially since my kids like to help out. So for tonight's dish we did chicken quesadillas. I love peppers so I got a yellow pepper to put on my quesadilla so there was a lot of it left over. That reminded me of a FB post someone did on the THM page of fried pickles. At the end she said you could use the dish on cauliflower and peppers. The light-bulb moment hit and I did the rest of the peppers fried. Truthfully my last minute idea of the peppers were the highlight of dinner to me. Even my pepper hating husband liked them. 
So, since quesadillas are better in my option in an S setting, that means we try to keep fat around the 2-5 gram mark. These tortillas were high fiber low carb so only had 5 digestable carbs per tortilla. That being said, I would want to pari it with other low carb, higher fat buddies. Sour creram, peppers, cheese, lettuce, guacamole :) Yumm!! You could use either chicken or beef so I went with the easy precooked chicken in a can. I haven't used this type of meat for long, but it is a great and convenient way to add in some protein. I really like this type also because there are no MSGs or preservatives. I just poke a fork in the can and break up the chunks and it goes nicely on the tortillas. Add a little cheese and whatever else you want in your quesadilla and you are set.My wonderful 5 year old wanted to be a big helper and do the guacamole so here she is with our wonderful product :)

Like I was saying, I had a lot of peppers left over so I decided on the fly to fry them up. Here is the fried pickle recipe that I used to make the fried peppers. They were awesome!!! They were really great dipped in the guacamole and on top my salad. Truthfully I would make them just to stick on a salad.

And like I said, I am not a photographer, but this was a masterpiece for my belly... and maybe his too ;)
One more note, if you can't help but eating 1 of the tortillas and need 2 you are only up to 10 carbs and not quite to an S Helper which is 15 carbs, so you will still be in the losing weight category ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment