Tuesday, July 21, 2015

THM Favorite recipes with links

So I loveTrim Healthy Mama recipes and have a ton on my Pinterest, but I needed something a little more user friendly for myself so I thought I would plug them in here for myself and anyone else interested. Since I am pretty busy most of the time I try to stick with dishes that don't have a million ingredients or I don't normally have on hand, so most of these wont be too time consuming or have odd ingredients that are hard to find. I do most my shoping at Aldi, Walmart, and Kroger. The only things I order are found at the  Trim Healthy Mama Store. Glucomannan, Whey Protein powder, and Stevia are the main things I order and are worth the money. The Glucomannan will last forever, and their protein power, to me, tastes better than the other I've tried. I'm sticking up some of my favorite links to blogs that are helpful with lots of recipes  too.

Favorite Blogs, etc...
darciesdishes  is an awesome blog who has weeks of meal plans and recipes that are super easy to implement. She also has a facebook page!!!
gwens-nest.com  another great site!!!
http://www.briana-thomas.com/  lots of great recipes too
Official THM free recipes from the source
sherigraham.com/trim-healthy-mama-recipes-list

Breakfast
Chia Yogurt S food also for snacks
Eggs anyway you can think. Truthfully most the time I do a scramble with cheese and meat with a little cottage cheese on the side and Coffee with some cream.
If you want it FP you could do egg whites with some veggies and a little parm cheese and almond milk in the coffee instead :)
A great E breakfast is oatmeal with a tsp or Coconut oil and some berries on top. Remember if you want to do eggs with an E breakfast keep it to just the whites so you don't add in too much fat.


Lunches
Holy Grail Pizza Crust  S (Bread in a mug S (pg. 265)makes a good pizza crust too if you spread it out think on paper and zap it for a minute in the microwave or bake for a bit)
Low carb mexican pizza S (I add the pizza's for lunch because the fam doesn't always love my not fastfood pizzas :( this way I )
waldorf salad E The only thing I don't love about this one is there is a lot of celery in it so I go lighter than they suggest but still pretty good.

Snacks
Chia Yogurt S
Fried pickles S Can use recipe to fry peppers or cauliflower
Zucchini chips FP unless you add too much oil ;) Haven't tried these yet so can't tell if I love
Cinnamon dippers FP or join with S or E dips. These are awesome and my family can't tell they are THM ;)
Cottage Berry Whip FP Can be a desert too
Deviled Eggs S...I figure most people know how to make these ;)
strawberry-no-mores S (can be dessert too)


Dinner
Cabbage Beef Skillet  S I love this with a little sesame see oil drizzles over top. It's like an eggroll in a bowl ;)
Chicken with asparagus S This one took a little more work and I tweaked the recipe by not using low fat ingredients and it was super good. You could also sub another cheese for the goat cheese, but I think it added a nice flavor to it ;)
Coconut crusted chicken Pg 322 S can be used with salmon too. If you don't have the book you could try this recipe too. You could also skip the egg wash and just use a little mayo to coat the chicken, I like this way better
Spaghetti- S I use either zucchini noodles I saute for a few minutes in butter or shirataki noodles. My Walmart just started carrying these next to the tofu section. They have a little different texture, but I love them. They are also good in stir fry or Alfredo recipes. You can also order a larger pack at the THM store. Make sure you also use a lower carb sauce. I have found that Marinara is usually lower in carb. Pg 350 also has a recipe for Spaghetti Bolognese that is a good S option too.
Hamburgers- This one is pretty self explanatory. i sub lettuse for the bun and don't feel deprived at all. Top it with mayo, cheese, pickles, avacado, tomato...the sky is the limit.
Cheeseburger Pie S Kids loved this one too
cheesy-bacon-chicken-cauliflower S
Chicken-cordon-bleu S
Chicken Collard Wraps  This one may not sound awesome, but my kids love it. It is bright and fun. Since it uses chicken you can make it FP, S, or E depending on what you put in it. We like the strawberries and mango they show in the pic so I stay light on the avacado (a medium one has about 22 g of fat so staying a little less than 1/4 of avacado will keep you under the 5 g limit in an E dish) and use a fat free dressing to dip. These are amazing.


Desserts
Lemon Mug Cake S
Peanut butter cup dip S use low carb dipping options ie strawberries...
Cookie Dough Dip  S Amazing!!! These go great with the Cinnamon dippers
chocolate pie this one is a little more work but looks so good. In my Walmart the xanthan gum can be found in little packets in the gluten free section
low-carb-caramel-pecan-cheesecake-recipe
ice-cream I haven't tried these yet but there are some with and without icecream maker :)
coconut-cream-pie I haven't done this one yet but looks awesome. it also calls for gelatin and I don't tend to keep this on hand.
Peanutbutter cookies

Drinks
cake batter frappa FP
PB milkshake S
Good Girl Moonshine FP
The Shrinker  This one is good but I go light on the cayenne ;)
Darcie's 20-favorite shakes & smoothies mmmmm
 Strawberry limeade and a few more FP

No comments:

Post a Comment