Saturday, August 15, 2015

Week 5 on Trim Healthy Mama

   And another week down...This week has gone pretty well. Last week I did a side view, and how I can tell a difference!!! I am hoping that my weight will continue to steadily go down. I can really tell a difference in my mindset and indulging myself. Before I would try to eat something good like a nice salad but them sabotage myself with ice cream and cake later ;) Come on, who doesn't like something sweet LOL.
    I am a stress eater and most of my weight gain tends to come from that, well and being pregnant a
How could faces like these cause a Mama stress
few times ;). I mean, 5 kids, homeschool, at times I can let it get the best of me, I am only human :)  The great thing about THM plan is that you can have something sweet and not feel bad about it. One of my favorites is the chocolate pudding recipe they have. It is a FP (fuel pull) so it is really low carbs and fat and really low in calories too, which we don't pay too much attention too ;)
    So now that I have weighed myself for the week I am down another 2 pounds which makes me happy...Only 6 oz away from 10 pounds. That was my first little mini goal!!! The big thing that I have noticed also this week is that I can fit into my size 8 pants again. Ok, they are still just a little tight on the tummy which was a nice present from my last baby :), but everywhere else they fit perfectly!!! I am sure in another week or 2 I will have no problem :)
   Another little victory I had this weekend was that on a stressful Friday I decided to go to McDonalds. Usually when I would stress eat I would get a large Mocah which has 17g of fat and 72 cars, yeah think about that next time you order one, and compensate with my favorite Southwestern Chicken salad, or if I was being really bad a Big Mac meal :) Oh, I could feel my blood sugar rising.
   Anyway, this time, instead of getting my usual I was going to get a small Mocah which has only 11g of fat and 40 carbs, still a lot but I could be in a crossover meal. I was going to add a chicken bacon salad to the side and consider it happy. Unfortunately for me the Mocha machine was down so I binge ate my salad at home and I couldn't even eat their ranch dressing because it had a lot of extra sugar so I just used mine, but hay, I didn't have to fix it :) Just remember to check your nutrition before you go, here's McDonalds... McCafe nutrition.
   
 So now, that I have averted my fast food crisis, here is one easy little dish that I love and we have once a week :) Spaghetti...
   Now, Spaghetti can be loaded with carbs and fat if you make it the way I like :) Noodles are high in carbs naturally and a lot of extra sugar can be added into the sauce if you are not careful to read your labels. Then, another weakness of mine is cheese!!! I could add 1/2 a pound and I would want more. Then add some fresh French Bread loaded with yummy butter and topped with Brie, no not my beautiful daughter the cheese :) My favorite cheese Brie. You see my delimma :)
   One of the THM trips are these wonderful noodles called Shirataki noodles which my Walmart has started to carry. They are pretty good and can be used to substitute regular noodles.  So yes, they do cost more than regular noodles, but they are quite filling and I only eat about 1/2 the pack so I can have leftovers the next day :)  I either make my own Spaghetti sauce or use the Organic Marinara that Aldi's has which is pretty low in carb. I think about 1/2 cup has 4 net carbs, then of course you have to add in your meat. I love Italian sausage in my pasta sauce, but since DH doesn't agree too well with pork I am using my wonderful 1/2 of a  4H raised cow that my parents got me for my birthday, the ground beef from it that is :)
   Anyway, there's my favorite little switch up, Shiritaki noodles for spaghetti with a lower sugar sauce and lots of good meat and cheese making this a nice S dinner. (Please forgive my fine china LOL)You can also use spaghetti squash or shred some zucchini to make noodles if Shiritaki noodles don't work for you. I will just live without the bread and have a slice of brie cheese if I need it. And later, I can induldge in a sweet treat that wont break the bank :)
Blessings,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment