Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Nick's 9 months/my second VBA2C story


    There's nothing like a nice warm day when the kids are playing outside, the baby is napping and I have a cup of hot coffee next to me :) Ahhh, I can just feel my body relaxing! Today we get to celebrate my baby's 9 month milestone. I adore the little man. He is such a blessing to our family. He reminds me so much of what my 1st was like. He is a mommy's boy and since he is crawling he will search the whole house just to find me.
    I thought I would add in his birthstory too since I haven't done that yet :)

first food
    Around the beginning of October of 2013 I found out we were expecting #5. This pregnancy I would say was a lot different from any of my others. I was extremely tired. I thank God for my oldest to help out with my youngest at the time. Truthfully the first 3 months were a daze. I had really low iron and had a hard time keeping it up near the normal range. I felt like a zombie. Thankfully I didn't have any nausea to go along with that.
    Since I have had 2 C-sections I had to travel to Nashville to have a provider who would deliver me via VBA2C (this was my 2nd VBA2C). A blessing of it was that I could still see my midwife group which I loved, but I was one of the last VBA2C they were allowing the midwives to do at the time. 
first Christmas
     One of the new stipulations the hospital had also was that they  would do nothing to induce labor if it needed to happen. #4 had to be induced because of no amniotic fluids so that was a little nerve wracking. Nicholas also decided to be my first baby that stayed in the breech position for a while. Thankfully near the end he flipped. The Spinning Babies website is great for ways to help flip a baby too that I used.
   So, finally 10 days after his due date baby Nicholas decided he would finally come out and see what all the noise he could hear through my stomach was all about. I had a feeling that night I would go into labor. I was suppose to have an ultrasound the next morning to check on baby since we were 10 days over. Last time around that is when they found Tony Jr. had no fluid and had to go straight for an induction. I was afraid something like that would happen again, but since they wouldn't induce me I would of had to go straight for a Csection which was not what I wanted (but okay if needed). Sure enough, after I put all the kids to bed and got into bed the contractions started. No sleep for this tired mama :0)
9 months
     With my first VBAC, baby #2,  labor came on hard and strong and since it was an hours drive to the hospital I waited about an hour and decided I would rather be closer to Nashville than wait it out at home.
   Fortunately, my mother-in-law was off and ready at hand, God is so good ;). Off to the hospital we went at about 2A.M. and my contractions were hard, but still only 10 minutes apart, not like my last labor.
   We finally figure out how to get to the hospital and where to park and make it up to the maternity wing like we're suppose to only to find out we were suppose to go through the ER...I guess with this being #5 they thought I knew that, but I don't usually go in at that time. So, finally after finding out way through Vanderbilt Hospital to the ER we make our long walk back up to the maternity wing.  I was so happy to finally be there and my favorite midwife, Kate, was there also!!
   Unfortunately I was only 3 cm :( but since I was a VBA2C they thought I should stay and that I did. It took about 1 1/2 hours for every cm till I reached 7 cm then I went straight to 10 :) That was the one good thing. I did opt to get an epidural which ended up being a traumatic situation. It took 3 tries and the first 2 he hit a nerve. The second time it made my whole body lurch!! I almost gave up but I let him try a third time and it took, but still not the greatest. (needless to say epidurals can be a great pain relief, but after that situation I may try all natural if God blesses us with #6 ;))
   Baby finally decided to come which was a little crazy. He ended up having decels on the monitor and were going to bring out the forceps, but I am a good pusher so I got him out quickly. They actually started flipping me on my side and in strange positions which is a really wierd feeling if you have an epidural going. In the end, they found his cord wrapped really tight around his neck, but he was okay after that. So not the peaceful birth like my last, but the goal was made, baby was out and well worth it, all 8 lbs 11 oz.
   Since then Nicholas (who has a 1/2 Christmas birthday 6/25) has been amazing. The only thing the Doctors ever worried about were a little murmur he had but turned out to benign. He is a happy baby who is finally sleeping through the night and loves being outside and chasing after his brothers and sisters :) I am so thankful the Lord brought him into our life!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment