Today I tried out a new recipe that I saw as I was scrolling through my FB page on Free Homeschooling 101. I know, it's a homeschooling page, but hey even we have to eat too right ;) It looked so amazing and I thought the kids would love it, which they did, so I had to try. I love cinnamon rolls. I love the soft inside and the yummy cinnamon and glaze that oozes down the sides. One thing I don't like is getting my hands messy, I know my weird pet peeve :) I will avoid anything to keep my hands clean and this recipe actually helps since you eat it with a fork. So here's the recipe and results:
CINNAMON ROLL PANCAKES
INGREDIENTS:
For Pancakes:
INGREDIENTS:
For Pancakes:
1 cup all-purpose flour...2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Cinnamon Filling:
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
4 Tablespoons butter
2 ounces cream cheese
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ounces cream cheese
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For this recipe and our family I doubled the pancake mix because we eat a lot. We actually ended up with left over thought. I still used the regular size recipe for the filling and glaze and there was plenty so you may want to adjust your recipe to fit your needs. You could just sub in your own pancake mix you normally use and add in the Cinnamon filling and glaze and would work great too.
Once you have mixed the cinnamon filling you will want to stick it in a plastic bag and pipe it onto the pancakes once they are cooking. For a full set of directions click here This is the first time I've really done something like that so you can see they are not perfect, but still tasted great. When they are done just top it off with the glaze. The glaze isn't runny but once it hits the hot pancakes it melts down some or you can zap it for a sec in the microwave.
When breakfast was done we had some very happy campers. Now this is definitely not a THM breakfast and high in fat and calories, but every once in a while I let the kids indulge, especially since mine are light weights ;) Even my picky eater loved this one and ate 2. If you are a THMer and want something similar, check out these cinnamon roll muffins from 24-7 low carb diner. I've made these before and they are great!!!
Since I made extra I placed them on a cookie sheet and spread some of the glaze on eat one and froze them then wrapped them up so I could take them out one at a time to zap in the microwave on another day for breakfast. Great recipe, but a little time consuming. If you cook in bulk this would be a great one to make lots of and then freeze for later!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment