So we have officially finished our first week using My Father's World. I am really happy with what we have learned this week and the ease of use. I love how the manual is a manageable size and has great notes, but not constantly overwhelming.
For Bible we are going to be memorizing the book of James!!! I know a whole book. There are 2 options to memorize, but we are being ambitious so we're doing the whole thing. I think daddy and I will both try to do it along with them. Along with memorizing the book, we are using a great inductive bible study call Boy, Have I Got Problems. This is a study on the book so we will really dig into James and understand what we are memorizing.
History is going well also. We have learned about the discovery of the New World and also about what is going on in Europe around this time also. One thing that tends to get neglected is note booking. I love how MFW has note booking pages and we are finally note booking about different historical figures as well as using a timeline :) We also had a little project and made a cake of the world! I think it turned out pretty well :) I am biased though.
Once we are done with our history reading we spend 15-20 minutes on our book basket time and the kids read a little more about the time that we are studying or science topics that we are studying. My dd is using the 2-3 grade supplement so the science book has pull out books that she can read that are pretty easy during this time also. Anything about animals is a win in her eyes.
Once we are done with our history reading we spend 15-20 minutes on our book basket time and the kids read a little more about the time that we are studying or science topics that we are studying. My dd is using the 2-3 grade supplement so the science book has pull out books that she can read that are pretty easy during this time also. Anything about animals is a win in her eyes.
English my kids are enjoying also. The 3rd grade level has been pretty easy for my dd. She is learning though. We did a lesson on how to use a dictionary and I pulled ours out. Truthfully I had never taught her how to use one yet and she really loved it! It was pretty funny too because the pages are glossy and she thought it was so pretty. Kids can be amused by some of the oddest things ;)
Noah is actually doing more writing than I expected in Intermediate Language Lessons. Today he was to rewrite the story of a fox that tricked a crow into singing so his cheese would fall out of her mouth. He is working on quotations so he was to insert his own dialogue of what they were saying in the story and he did quite well. This is also coming from a little man who does not care for the process of writing, so he ended up with about half a page when he was done which is quite an accomplishment for him!
The rest of schooling went of well overall too. My 4 year old, who will be 5 in just a few weeks is also enjoying her school time. She is working on The Reading Lesson book still and Singapore math K. We are using the older essential math version because I found it for new on amazon for $14 for book A & B vs. Earlybird which is double the price. Yes, Earlybird is pretty and in color, but my kids love coloring with me so we color together when we are done with out math lessons now since it is in black and white. We have only been working on math for a couple weeks and I am pretty impressed at how quick she has picked up on her numbers, Okay she actually already knows up to 10 thanks to Leapfrog :) Brie is just happy to have her school time because she wants to be a big kid and do school liker her older brother and sister.
Finally, it snowed. We usually don't get this much snow here in TN so this has been awesome for the kids. Yes we can't go anywhere, but it will only last a few days so I love it!!!. The kids decided they would try to build an igloo too, with the inspiration of my brother :) Here's also a pic of Kayla with her snow penguin. She knows I love penguins so this one is for me :)
Well, hope you all enjoyed a little of our week,
Blessings,
Amy


No comments:
Post a Comment